Femina Super Daughter Awards 2019 Photos
Femina, India’s largest women’s brand hosted the 4th edition of the super successful Femina Super Daughter Awards 2019, presented by Apollo Hospitals and powered by Naturals’ in association with Kushal’s Fashion Jewellery and Silver Jewellery partner Sukra Jewellery. They say behind every achiever stands a pivotal figure. True to this saying, the gala evening was organized to honour and recognize the proud parents of some of the most successful women from South India. The event was held on 23rd November at Sir Mutha Venkatasubba Rao Concert Hall, Chennai.
These awards are a platform for daughters to acknowledge their parent’s significant role, as they stood by their side through thick and thin, along with celebrating the unique bond that they share. As a leading brand that strongly supports and acknowledges the real power of women and their achievements, Femina honours the parents who are behind giving the country such exemplary leaders across various fields. Femina has built a legacy of six glorious decades and has today become a name synonymous with women empowerment, evolution and change. The brand has left behind a mark through a host of successful IPs which truly support and motivate in each of their campaigns. Their strong presence on digital and social media has seen them being the leading light towards encouraging women across the globe.
The gala evening witnessed a host of successful women from the films, television and fashion industry being felicitated. The proud parents of the renowned personalities that were honoured included:
- Mr. Arun Pandian, Father of Keerthi Pandian – Actress & Theatre personality
- Mr. Raja, Father of Gayathri Raja – TV Actor
- Mr Ramalingam, Father of Vinolee Ramalingam – Ironman winner
- Mrs. Meenakshi Santhosh, Mother of Dhee – Singer
- Mrs. Padma Venkat, Mother of Deepa Venkat – Dubbing artist
- Mr. C. Kuppan, Father of Uma Devi – Writer, Poet and a Lyricist
- Dr. N. S. K Padmini, Mother of Anu Vardhan – Costume Designer
- Mrs. Manimozhi, Mother of Sneha Parthibaraja – Lawyer
- Mrs. Junaitha Begum, Mother of Dr. M. Issa Fathima Jasmine – Founder, Ayyamittu Unn – Chennai’s community fridge
- Mrs. Ratna Manikyam, Mother of Vijaya Lakshmi Tummala – CEO, Rite Stride Pvt Ltd
- Mr. VC Vijay Raghavan, Father of Dr. Meera Raghavan
- Mrs. Geetha Seshadri, Mother of Dr. Revathi Raj
- Mrs. Rathnavathi Kothandaram, Mother of Dr Sumana Manohar
- Dr. Rajachitra Manivannan, mother of Aishwarya Manivannan – Silambam artist
- Mrs. Sitara Thimmaiah, Mother of Shanthala T Medappa – Food Entrepreneur
Speaking on the occasion Tanya Chaitanya, Editor and Chief Community Officer – Femina said, “Femina Super Daughter Awards is a property organized keeping in mind the huge role parents play in their daughter’s life. It is their telling contribution, vision and efforts that have led to their children today making a name for themselves in their respective fields. In today’s world, while every woman is unique and powerful, it is the parents who are the ones who were the wind beneath their wings and help them achieve what they want. This property is a small token of appreciation through which these super daughters can acknowledge their parents. Femina, as a brand which truly stands for women, thank these parents for introducing these super daughters to the world.”
Multi talented Beautiful anchor, commentator, video jockey and Singer Bhavna Balakrishnan kept the audiences entertained by crooning some lilting melodies with her soulful voice.
The Femina Super Daughter Awards 2019 is an extension of the brand that further adds to the identity of any woman who stands for change, power, style, freedom and revolution. Through such endeavours, Femina looks to stand out as one who is a leader, influencer, innovator and that women around the world can look up to.