AR Rahman rules music charts pushing Anirudh & Yuvan behind
A couple of years ago, with the changing taste of music among the fans, it was clearly cited by some of the media channels that it’s Anirudh all the way on top, and the craze of AR Rahman is silently simmering down. However, the Madras Mozart struck back with a bang in 2022, when he delivered 4 back-to-back releases (Iravin Nizhal, Cobra, Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu & Ponniyin Selvan 1). Significantly, many music platforms have openly admitted that AR Rahman is the ultimate ruler of all their charts. To start off with, Spotify has revealed the most frequently played tracks on its platforms in the past few weeks.
- Ponni Nadhi from Ponniyin Selvan 1
- Mallipoo from Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu
- Chola Chola from Ponniyin Selvan 1
- Mayakkama Thayakkama from Thiruchitrambalam
- Kanja Poovu Kannaala from Viruman
In fact, the following positions too are occupied by other songs from VTK and PS1.